Terms and Conditions
This page together with the documents referred to within it (terms and conditions) explains the terms and conditions on which we supply any of the products (Products) listed on our online sales platform ("Samsung Online Store") hosted at https://www.samsung.com/za/to you. These terms and conditions do not relate to or cover the sale of our Products by third parties to you.
Samsung allows third party sellers to list and sell their Products on the Samsung Online Store (each a “”). Samsung will indicate on relevant product pages and checkout pages when Products are for sale by a Third Party Seller.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them before ordering any Products from the Samsung Online Store. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you accept these terms and conditions. If you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any Products from the Samsung Online Store. You may print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference. We will supply goods in conformity with these terms and conditions of sale.
We operate the Samsung Online Store hosted at website https://www.samsung.com/za/. "We" are "Samsung Electronics South Africa Proprietary Limited", a company registered in South Africa with registration number 1994/003972/07 and with our registered office at 2929 William Nicol Drive, Bryanston, 2021, Gauteng, South Africa. Our main trading address is 2929 William Nicol Drive, Bryanston, 2021, Gauteng, South Africa. Our VAT number is 4470148190. We are referred to in these Terms and Conditions as "Samsung" or "us".
We only deliver orders to physical addresses in South Africa.
By placing an order through our website, you warrant that:
(a) you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
(b) you are at least 18 years old;
(c) you are a private individual and purchasing products in your capacity as such; and
(d) you are not purchasing products for the purpose of resale or any unlawful purpose whatsoever.
How the contract is formed between you and us
1. Your order is an offer to us to buy the Product(s) in your order. You are considered to have placed an order with us by ordering on the Samsung Online Store and by following the checkout process. After placing an order, we will use the email address you have given us to send you an e-mail acknowledging that we have received your order and which will contain an Order Reference Number and details of the Product(s) you have ordered ("Order Confirmation"). Please note that the Order Confirmation is only an acknowledgment that we have received your order and does not mean that your order has been accepted by us. All orders are subject to our acceptance of your offer to buy the Product(s) ordered. We will only accept your offer (and form the contract of sale) when we send you an e-mail confirming that the Product(s) has/have been dispatched ("Dispatch Confirmation"). We may refuse to accept your order:
(a) where the Product is not available;
(b) where we cannot obtain authorisation from your bank for your payment;
(c) if there has been a pricing or Product description error other than where there has been an obvious error (see ‘Price and Payment’ below); or
(d) if you do not meet the criteria set out in ‘Your Status’ above.
2. The contract between you and Samsung ("Contract") will only be formed on the earlier of (a) when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation and (b) when we deliver the Product(s). The parties to the Contract are you and Samsung.
3. The Contract will relate only to those Products in respect of which we have confirmed dispatch in the Dispatch Confirmation or which we have delivered to you. We will not be obliged to supply any Products which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
WE MAY ALSO PROVIDE LINKS ON THE SAMSUNG ONLINE STORE TO THE WEBSITES OF OTHER COMPANIES, WHETHER AFFILIATED WITH US OR NOT. WE GIVE NO UNDERTAKINGS OR WARRANTIES THAT PRODUCTS YOU PURCHASE FROM THIRD PARTY SELLERS ON THE SAMSUNG ONLINE STORE, OR FROM COMPANIES TO WHOSE WEBSITE WE HAVE PROVIDED A LINK ON THE SAMSUNG ONLINE STORE, WILL BE FIT FOR PURPOSE, APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR NEEDS OR ACCEPTABLE TO YOU.
This DISCLAIMER does not affect your statutory rights against the Third Party Seller. We will notify you at the email address you have provided to us when an approved third party is involved in a transaction, and we may disclose your personal information related to that transaction to the approved third party.
14 day cooling off period / right to return
1. You may cancel the Contract and return your products for any reason within 14 days of the day we deliver the Product(s) to you unless we indicate that other terms and conditions are applicable e.g. if you make use of the Trade-In Programme, in which case the specified terms and conditions will apply.
2. It is your responsibility to take reasonable care of the Product(s) before returning them to us. The Product(s) must be returned in a reasonable condition along with any packaging, manuals, accessories, free items and any other components. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the Products in accordance with our Returns Policy.
3. To cancel the Contract, you may contact us via the Samsung Online Store, by email, by telephoning the Customer Care Team (details are available here: Contact Us). You will then be informed of details of how to return or arrange for the collection of the Product(s). Please note, we can only collect Products free of charge from the original delivery address and returns will only be free of charge when sent to us from an address in South Africa. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
4. If you are a consumer you have a statutory right to cancel the Contract. Details of this statutory right and your right to cancel are provided in the Delivery Confirmation and are set out in our Returns Policy. The 14-day right to return a Product(s) described in this section is offered in addition to and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
5. If your product is defective, please see the Returns Policy section below.
(a) To request a return, you may contact us via the Samsung Online Store, by email, by telephoning the Customer Care Team (details are available here: Contact Us)
(b) Requirements for Product return; a Product return request will only be processed if all the information and documentation required by us is provided by you, such as -
1. Full Model Number of the Product you would like to return
2. Serial Number or IMEI Number of the Product you would like to return
3. Condition of the Product you would like to return and nature of defect of the Product you would like to return
4. Proof that you bought the Product e.g. tax invoice or credit card confirmation
(c) Before Samsung grants approval for your return request, Samsung or an agent chosen by Samsung will inspect the Product you would like to return at your premises, or Samsung or its agent will collect the Product from you so that the Product you would like to return can be inspected at a nominated accredited Samsung pre-inspection agent premises.
(d) Samsung will carry out the following check during the inspection -
1. Physical Assessment: whether the Product you would like to return is in “as new” condition – i.e. not damaged or overly worn-out from use
2. Warranty Assessment: whether the Product you would like to return is faulty and if it satisfies Samsung’s standard warranty conditions
3. Hacking or Rooting: checking defects related to the rooting or hacking of the Product you would like to return;
4. Full Function Assessment: whether the Product you would like to return has operational and technical discrepancies
5. Assessment: whether the Product you would like to return is returned complete with its original packaging, all accessories, manuals and consumables
6. Liquid Ingress Assessment: whether the Product you would like to return has been damaged by having come into contact with a liquid e.g. water damage
(e) All Products you would like to return must be returned in the original packaging and must include all components, accessories and manuals.
Availability, Delivery and Installation
1. Availability and delivery
(a) We can deliver to any physical address in South Africa.
(b) We will deliver the Product(s) to the delivery address you specify in your order free of charge. We will not deliver the Products to your delivery address unless there is someone present to accept and sign for the Products. If you have not received the Product(s) within the estimated delivery time specified in the Dispatch Confirmation you should contact us via the Samsung Online Store, by email or by telephoning the Customer Call Centre (details are available here: Contact Us).
(c) Please be aware that delivery timescales in relation to pre-order Products are estimated and may change as a result of manufacturing or transportation delays. Any delay to your delivery of pre-ordered Products will be communicated to you at the email address which you have provided to us in advance.
(d) Delivery Day Options:
(i) All Samsung Online Store customers will be able to select a convenient delivery date (“Selected Delivery Date”). Whilst Samsung will endeavour to deliver on your selected delivery date (where applicable) delivery is subject to various factors and cannot be guaranteed..
(ii) Select eligible products purchased from the Samsung Online Store placed before 12h00 are eligible for delivery the next day (“Next Day Delivery”). Next Day Delivery is only applicable to business days (excludes weekends and public holidays). Whilst Samsung will endeavour to deliver on the next available business day (where applicable), delivery is subject to various factors and cannot be guaranteed
(e) Installation services
(i) The purchase and delivery of a Product does not include any installation of that Product, unless we expressly specify that Signature Service (free installation) is included on the purchase of a specific Product. If Signature Service is available on your purchase then you will be asked to opt in or opt out of the Signature Service (free installation).
Terms and Conditions applicable to Signature Service can be found at
Risk and Title
1. The Products will be your responsibility from the time of delivery.
2. EFT and Credit transactions [Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Masterpass, Samsung Wallet, Zapper, Mobicred, Payjustnow] (excluding Float transactions): Risk of the Product(s) will pass to you on delivery. Ownership of the Product(s) will only pass to you on the later of either i) delivery or ii) when we / any credit provider receives full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery and installation charges (where applicable).
1. Float transactions: Risk of the Product(s) will pass to you on delivery. Ownership of the Product(s) will pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Product(s) from Float at the end of the month.
2. By signing for your order it is an acknowledgement of delivery and receipt of the Products ordered.
1. Samsung will indicate on relevant product pages and checkout pages when Products are for sale by a Third Party Seller. In such cases Samsung only provides the platform to facilitate transactions between Third Party Sellers and Samsung customers. Samsung is neither the buyer nor the seller of these Products unless otherwise specified.
2. Registered users of the Samsung Online Store may place orders for Products that are on sale by a Third Party Seller, which the Third Party Seller may accept or reject. Whether or not the Third Party Seller accepts an order depends on the Third Party Seller alone and on the reasons provided by the Third Party Seller. The sale formed on acceptance of your order for Products that are for sale by a Third Party Seller is therefore solely between you and such Third Party Seller. Samsung is not a party to such sale.
3. Orders for Products placed with a Third Party Seller is subject to the Third Party Seller’s terms and conditions and/or contract of sale, a copy of which will be provided to you by either the Third Party Seller or an authorized agent of the Third Party Seller.
4. The Third Party Seller is solely responsible for fulfilment of delivery of the Products. The Third Party Seller is also responsible to provide an invoice to the registered user if required.
5. Third Party Sellers will handle all returns under the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008 or the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002, by the registered user arising out of or in connection with the sale between a registered user and a Third Party Seller. Should a dispute arise between you and the relevant Third Party Seller in relation to the sale of Products by a Third Party Seller, any such dispute must be resolved between you and the relevant Third Party Seller alone.
6. Consequently, should you order any Products from a Third Party Seller, which are in fact sold-out, any resulting dispute should be resolved between you and the relevant Third Party Seller.
Price and Payment
1. The price of the Products will be as quoted on the Samsung Online Store, except in cases of an obvious error. Product prices include VAT at the legal prevailing rate. The price quoted on the Samsung Online Store for Products excludes delivery and installation charges which are quoted separately on the Samsung Online Store.
2. Product prices and delivery charges are subject to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of Products for which we have already sent you an order confirmation. If the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as an error, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
3. Payment for all Products must be made either by EFT, credit card, debit card, PayJustNow, Float or Mobicred. We accept card payments by Visa Debit, Visa Credit, Mastercard, American Express. These card payments are collected on our behalf by PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. A payment by credit or debit card will only be charged at or shortly after the time you place your order for the Product.
4. Customer details will be stored by Samsung separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
5. Details entered on Float’s website is managed by Float. For more detail on Float refer to www.float.co.za.
6. Details entered on Mobicred’s website is managed by Mobicred. For more detail on Mobicred refer to www.mobicred.co.za.
7. Details entered on PayJustNow’s website is managed by PayJustNow. For more detail on PayJustNow refer to www.payjustnow.co.za.
1. If you wish to return a Product to us you may contact us via the Samsung Online Store, by email, by telephoning the Customer Call Centre (details are available here: Contact Us) You will then be informed of details of how to return or to arrange for the collection of the Product(s). Please note, we can only collect Products free of charge from the original delivery address and returns will only be free of charge when sent to us from an address in South Africa.
2. If you are returning a Product to us:
(a) because you have cancelled the Contract within the 14-day period (see above), we / any credit provider will process the refund due to you as soon as possible after we have collected the Product from you and, in any case, within 14 days of the day you gave us notice to cancel in accordance with the process we have set out above. Where you are entitled to a refund, we / any credit provider will refund the price of the Product(s) in full. We will be responsible for collecting any returned Product from your chosen physical address in South Africa.
(b) for any other reason (for instance, because you have notified us in accordance with the terms below that you do not agree to a change in these terms and conditions or in any of our policies, or because you consider that the Product(s) is/are defective), we will examine the returned Product(s) and will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time and, usually within 5 working days of when we receive the Product(s) from you. We / any credit provider will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund.
3. Subject to the terms below, if you believe that (a) Product(s) you have ordered from us is/are defective, you should contact us via the Samsung Online Store or by email or by telephoning the Customer Call Centre (details are available here: Contact Us) as soon as possible. We will advise you of the appropriate steps to take for the return of the Product to us. If you notify us within 30 days of delivery of the Product(s) that the Product(s) is/are defective, you will have the option to select a repair, an exchange or a refund. If you discover a fault with the Product after 30 days from delivery of the Product(s), we may either repair the Products or replace the Product(s) and deliver the repaired or replacement Product(s) to you at a physical address in South Africa, or provide you with a refund.
4. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Product(s) while it/they is/are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation and return a damaged Product(s) to us, we may have a right of action against you for compensation for the damage to the Product. When returning (a) Product(s) to us we recommend that you obtain proof of delivery to us. In all cases, we reserve the right to inspect the Product(s) and verify any alleged fault or defect. For an exchange or refund, the Product(s) must be in an otherwise 'as new' condition together with any packaging, manuals, accessories, free items and any other components. We reserve the right to refuse a refund or exchange if the Product(s) returned is/are deemed to have been damaged after delivery to you took place.
5. We / any credit provider will usually make any refunds to you using the same method you used to pay for the Product you purchased.
6. We do not cover faults or defects caused by your misuse, neglect, physical damage, tampering or incorrect adjustment or normal wear and tear of the Products or the installation of the Products. Products sold on the Samsung Online Store are intended for domestic use only and are not for commercial use or resale. Nor do we cover faults due to incorrect installation in your home other than if the installation is performed by an accredited Samsung installer. Please do not remove the serial number from Product(s).
7. This Returns Policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Terms and Conditions for the Purchase of Televisions in South Africa
1. Please note as per the South African Broadcasting Act, No. 4 of 1999, any individual buying a TV in the Republic of South Africa requires a valid TV licence in their name.
2. By law, every customer must have a valid TV licence when purchasing a television set or any appliance with a built-in TV[TC1].
3. You accept that Samsung will share your details with a 3rd party provider for the purpose of concluding the delivery of the TV purchased and for verifying the validity of your TV license.
4. You confirm that the address that appears on the TV license is the same address where the TV is being purchased for use.
5. When you buy a television online, the verification of same will be done simultaneously before you checkout.
6. We will need you to provide us with either your South African ID number or a valid TV licence number. With this information we will conduct a search for your SABC profile.
7. In the event that you are a foreign national, we would need a copy of your TV licence, and/ or a copy of your Easy Pay number, and a copy of your passport
8. In the event that you do not have a TV licence, As the buyer of a TV, you would first need to buy a TV licence, and then provide us with a copy of your ID or TV licence card before we can deliver your TV
9. To buy a TV licence, you may proceed to either the SABC Fast pay link or one of 10 000 recommended Banks and retailers provided in the links below:
In addition to your rights under the Contract and your statutory rights, Samsung Products also come with a manufacturer’s warranty. Details of the manufacturer’s warranty can be found with the documentation that accompanies the Product you purchased. You may be required to register as the purchaser and owner of the Product in order to benefit from the manufacturer's warranty or any extended warranty.
1. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) any breach of the obligations implied by the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008;
(d) our obligations in respect of defective products under the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008;
(e) any deliberate breaches by us of these terms and conditions that would entitle you to terminate the Contract; or
(f) any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
2. Subject to the provisions 1(a) to 1(f) of this section above and 3(a) to 3(g) of this section below, if either of us fails to comply with these terms and conditions, neither of us shall be responsible for any losses that the other suffers as a result, except for those losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the failure to comply with these terms and conditions and are directly attributable to the failure to comply with these terms and conditions.
3. Subject to 1(a) to 1(f) of this section above, we will not be liable for losses that result from our failure to comply with these terms and conditions that fall into the following categories:
(a) loss of income, goodwill or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data;
(f) waste of management or office time or
(g) indirect, consequential, punitive or special loss or damage.
However, this will not prevent claims for (i) economic loss resulting from death or injury caused by the Products purchased on the Samsung Online Store, (ii) loss of or damage to your physical property that are foreseeable or (iii) direct loss that are not excluded by categories 3(a) to 3(g) of this section above.
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using the Samsung Online Store and the Samsung website (https://www.samsung.com/za/, you accept that communication with us will be electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on the Samsung Online Store or the Samsung website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All formal notices given by you to us must be given in writing to Samsung Electronics South Africa Proprietary Limited situated at 2929 William Nicol Drive, Bryanston, Johannesburg Gauteng, 2021. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in ‘Written Communications’ above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on the Samsung website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or ten days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee
Transfer of rights and obligations
1. The Contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assignees.
2. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of the Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
3. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of the Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract
Events outside our control
1. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or for the delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control ("Force Majeure Event").
2. A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
(a) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
(b) civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
(c) fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
(d) impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
(e) impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks
(f) the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government;
(g) failure of continuous electrical supply;
(h) acts of sabotage;
(i) pandemic or an epidemic.
3. Our performance under the Contract will be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event. Should the Event of Force Majeure continue to prevent or restrict us from fulfilling our obligations for more than 60 (sixty) days after on which the Force Majeure Event first occurred, then you will be entitled to terminate the Contract with us by giving us not less than 30 (thirty) days written notice to that effect.
1. If we fail, at any time during the term of the Contract, to insist upon the performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this will not constitute a waiver of such rights and/or remedies and will not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
2. A waiver by us of any default by you will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
3. No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with the 'Notices' section above.
If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms and conditions or any provisions of the Contract is invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Our right to vary these terms and conditions
1. We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time by posting them on our website.
2. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us in writing that you do not accept the change to the terms and conditions within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
The Samsung Online Store
1. We own or are licensed users of all intellectual property rights in and to the Samsung Online Store and all material and content on the Samsung website. You may use the Samsung Online Store, the Samsung website and the materials and content on the Samsung Online Store and on the Samsung website for personal, non-commercial use only. All other use (including reproduction, re-engineering, deconstruction etc.) of the Samsung Online Store, the Samsung website and materials or content thereon is strictly prohibited.
2. The Samsung Online Store and the Samsung website are provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis without any representations as to appropriateness or suitability and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Samsung Online Store and the Samsung website. We make no warranty that the Samsung Online Store and the Samsung website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free or that the Samsung Online Store and Samsung website or the server(s) that makes them available are free of viruses, errors, faults or bugs.
3. While we endeavour to ensure that the Samsung Online Store and Samsung website is available 24 hours a day, we cannot provide any assurances in this regard and will not be liable if for any reason the Samsung Online Store and Samsung website are unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Samsung Online Store and Samsung website may be suspended and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control as set out above.
Data protection and privacy
Third party rights
A person who is not party to these terms and conditions or the Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with them.
Contracts for the purchase of Products through our website and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by South African law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
We intend to rely upon these terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of the Contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variation/s of these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.