Terms & Conditions - Samsung
8501 Commerce Court
Burnaby, BC V5A 4N3
In this agreement, “Samsung” means Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. and “Tech Data” means Tech Data Canada Corporation.
Conditions of Use
4. You may use the Website only if you are a resident of Canada, have reached the age of majority where you live and have legal capacity to enter into a legal agreement. Your use of the Website must comply with all applicable laws, and it is your responsibility to determine whether your use of the Website is legal.
5. To access some features of the Website, you may need to register for a user account. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs in your user account, and it is your responsibility to keep your account password secure.
6. You agree to immediately notify GLENTEL of any breach of security or any unauthorized use of your user account. We will not be liable for any losses arising from any unauthorized access to or use of your account.
7. GLENTEL will deliver products to valid shipping addresses located within Canada only.
9. If you do not receive your order within the estimated delivery time specified in your shipping confirmation email, you should contact Samsung at 1-855-254-4747 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. If you refuse or fail to accept delivery of any products you order, with the exception of refusals related to visible carrier damages or due to any of the reasons stated in the Returns Policy set out below, any risk of loss, theft or damage will nonetheless pass to you, and not limiting any other rights or remedies we have, we:
a. will remain entitled to payment in full for the products shipped to your delivery address, including shipping costs incurred; and
b. GLENTEL may effect delivery by whatever means it considers appropriate, and you will be liable for all additional costs incurred as a result of such refusal or failure to accept delivery.
11. In addition to rights you may have under applicable provincial law, you may return any product within fifteen (15) days from the date you receive it if:
a. the product is accompanied by all original packaging, manuals, accessories, free items and other components or parts that accompanied the product when it was delivered; and
b. the product is
i. undamaged; or
ii. damaged, “dead on arrival” or otherwise defective upon delivery.
13. If your product appears to be damaged or defective, please call 1-855-254-4747 or email@example.com. Samsung will assist you in performing a diagnostics check.
14. You can return products in-store at any Samsung Experience Store, or by mail. For in-store returns, please visit your nearest Samsung Experience Store. You must provide valid photo identification and your original receipt to return your product.
15. To request a return via mail:
a. you must request a return authorization number (“RA”) and a pre-printed waybill prior to returning your product. Please call 1-855-254-4747, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to obtain your RA and pre-printed waybill.
b. if you return a product without a valid RA and/or pre-printed waybill, GLENTEL will not issue a credit or refund for the returned product.
c. if you return a product that appears to be damaged, “dead on arrival” or otherwise defective upon delivery:
i. Upon returning your product to GLENTEL, a diagnostics test will be performed to validate whether or not it is defective.
ii. If the product is found not to be defective (based on the reason you provided with the return request), your product will be returned to you and no credit or refund will be issued.
iii. If the product is found to be defective (based on the reason you provided with the return request), your refund will be processed to your original payment method as soon as possible (including any taxes paid, but excluding any shipping fees, which are non-refundable) and in any event not later than the time period required under applicable provincial law.
16. Upon receipt of your product, please ensure you inspect its condition carefully. Should you find the product is damaged, identify a short or over-shipment and/or suspect part of the goods have been lost, please contact Samsung immediately at 1-855-254-4747 or email@example.com. If the external carton of the product shows any sign of damage (e.g. scratches, tears, stains, etc.), tampering (e.g. open product, broken seals, re-taped, etc.) or abuse, please indicate the Product is damaged on the waybill and refuse the shipment. Neither GLENTEL nor Tech Data shall in any waybe responsible for any damage, tampering or abuse not noted once a product shipment has been accepted.
17. Upon receipt of your product, if you suspect that it may have been damaged at the time of delivery, but decide to accept it, please follow these steps:
a. indicate “DAMAGE SUBJECT TO INSPECTION" on the driver's route sheet, Bill of Lading or Waybill when signing for the shipment. Report your findings immediately to Samsung at 1-855-254-4747 or firstname.lastname@example.org; and
b. Samsung Customer Care, or its agent, will make arrangements with the carrier to inspect the damaged product.
19. Provided you comply with the terms of this Returns Policy, you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the product (including any taxes paid), subject to applicable provincial law.
20. As part of the returns process, we want to address your privacy concerns. Before you return any product, it is your responsibility to delete any confidential, proprietary, or personal information, including de-activating your Google ID and any other accounts associated with the product, and removing all data and content stored on the product. If the product you purchased is a phone, please wipe your device clean of your personal information, prior to returning it, by doing the following:
a. Go to Settings Menu
b. Select General Management
c. Select Reset
d. Select Factory Data Reset
e. Select Reset Device (Device requires end user pattern/pin code)
f. Select Erase Everything
Please ensure you have saved your information before wiping the device clean. Subject to applicable provincial law, GLENTEL will not be responsible in any way for any loss, disclosure of or damage to any data or content stored on the product, and GLENTEL will not in any way be responsible for returning any data or content stored on the product back to you.
21. Wireless service providers have different policies for the cancellation of their services. You are solely responsible for any service fees associated with your product. GLENTEL will not be responsible in any way for any amounts, fees, or charges of any kind (including termination charges) associated with your wireless service provider. It is your responsibility to contact your wireless service provider for information about its policies.
Products Subject to Additional Terms and Conditions
22. The purchase of any Samsung product is subject to additional terms and conditions found at:http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/warranty. The manufacturer’s limited warranty applicable to your product will accompany your product once delivered.
Reserve and Store
23. Subject to availability and certain exclusions, you may reserve a product through the Website and proceed to purchase and pick up the product at a Samsung Experience Store. Once you have requested to reserve a product, we will send you an email confirming that we have received your reservation request. We will send you a second email confirming whether the product is available at the selected Samsung Experience Store. If the product is available, you will have 72 hours to purchase and pick up the product at the selected Samsung Experience Store. If the product is not purchased and picked up within 72 hours, the selected Samsung Experience Store will no longer continue to reserve the product.
24. The Reserve and Store option does not apply to pre-order offers and is subject to the availability of products. If you choose to return the product after purchase, the product must be returned to the selected Samsung Experience Store, in accordance with the Samsung Experience Store return policy.
Representations and Warranties
25. By accessing and using the Website, you represent and warrant that:
· all information you provide through the Website is true, accurate and complete;
· you accept full responsibility for all charges, duties, fees and taxes and any other financial liability resulting from your use of the Website or your user account; and
Offer, Acceptance and Order Placement
26. The products and services advertised, listed or described on the Website are invitations to you to make offers to GLENTEL to purchase from GLENTEL such products and services, and are not offers to sell products or services to you. You are deemed to make an offer to GLENTEL to purchase from GLENTEL the products or services referenced in your order upon submitting an order to us via the online checkout process.
27. As between you and GLENTEL, GLENTEL owns or licenses all intellectual property rights in and to the Website and its content, including without limitation copyright and trademark rights, information, scripts, icons, presentation, arrangements, video and audio, graphic and graphical elements on the Website (the “Content”). Your use of the Website does not entitle you to any ownership or other rights or interests in or to the Website or the Content. The Website and the Content are protected by Canadian and international copyright, trademark and other laws.
28. You agree not to link, make reference to, use, reproduce, republish or re-disseminate any Content including any of our icons, logos or trademarks without our prior written consent.
30. The Website may provide links and references to other websites that are owned and operated by third parties. We do not sponsor or endorse any information, products, goods or services contained in or offered through any of the linked websites. These third party sites are not maintained, operated or controlled by GLENTEL, and we provide no representation or warranty regarding these linked websites. You assume sole liability for the access or use of such third party sites and content.
Errors, Product Availability, Pricing Information and Orders
31. We strive to ensure current and accurate information on our Website. However, due to changing market conditions and competition, misprints, omissions or other errors may sometimes occur, including, but not limited to, incorrect prices and/or specifications for products. Neither GLENTEL nor Samsung guarantee that products and services advertised on the Website will be available when viewed or upon subsequent visit to a retail location or thereafter.
32. We endeavor to provide our customers with an agreeable solution to their shopping needs. However, we do not warrant that the content of the Website including, without limitation to, product descriptions, pricing or photographs, is accurate or complete.
33. We reserve the right to revoke any stated offer on our Website, and to correct any omission, error or inaccuracy, including after an online order has been submitted, whether or not the online order has been confirmed or your payment has been processed, as permitted by law.
Changes to Website Content, Offers or Orders
34. GLENTEL at all times reserves the right to:
a. correct any error, inaccuracy or omission in Website content at any time without prior notice or liability to you or any other person;
b. change at any time the products and services advertised or made available for sale on the Website, the prices, fees, charges and specifications of such products and services, any promotional offers and any other Website content without any notice or liability to you or any other person;
c. limit quantities available for sale or sold; and
d. reject, correct, cancel or terminate any order, including accepted orders, for any reason, including but not limited to:
i. if the product or service is not available;
ii. if we do not receive confirmation of your payment from the relevant payment processing company;
iii. if there has been a product or service pricing or description error, inaccuracy or omission; or
35. You understand and agree that any promotional offers, as listed on the Website and in advertising, are limited time offers, may change at any time, and are subject to such additional terms and conditions as GLENTEL and/or Samsung may specify from time to time.
Accuracy of Information
36. It is your responsibility to ensure that all information that you provide to GLENTEL through the Website is accurate, complete and up-to-date, including information required to open a user account, paymentinformation (credit card), contact information and all transaction information. You will be solely responsible for any and all loss, damage, cost or expense that you or any other person may incur as a result of the provision of false, incorrect, misleading or incomplete information by you.
38. You further acknowledge and agree with GLENTEL that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information including, without limitation, your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card and other financial information (“Personal Information”) that is gathered about you through the Website in connection with your purchase or placement of an order of any Samsung product (the “Purchase”) and the disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties who may further collect, use and disclose your Personal Information to enable GLENTEL, Samsung and Tech Data, and any third parties and ancillary fulfillment service providers that GLENTEL, Samsung or Tech Data determine are necessary for the fulfillment of the Purchase, to attend to post-purchase matters including repairs and returns. The foregoing includes, without limitation, collection for and disclosure of Personal Information to Samsung, third party payment service providers (e.g. PayPal and Cybersource), and delivery services used to ship the Samsung product (collectively, the “Permitted Third Parties”) and the use of the Personal Information by the Permitted Third Parties to: (a) process the Purchase and payment of same, (b) bill and collect money owed in relation to the Purchase, (c) deliver the product to you, (d) communicate with you whether directly or indirectly regarding your Purchase and advise you of other products and services that are available or may be available in the future, (e) provide you with effective customer service, including but not limited to trouble-shooting or warranty service, and ask for feedback on same, (f) remit applicable taxes, and (g) comply with legal and regulatory requirements (collectively the “Purposes”). By submitting your Personal Information you agree that the Permitted Third Parties may rely on the consents granted herein for the Purposes. You acknowledge and agree that your Personal Information may be stored outside of Canada. By submitting your Personal Information you agree that the Permitted Third Parties may rely on the consents granted herein.
39. YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF OR RELATED TO ACCURACY, ACCESSIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, PERFORMANCE OR DURABILITY, ALL OF WHICH ARE DISCLAIMED BY EACH OF GLENTEL AND SAMSUNG TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
40. NEITHER GLENTEL NOR SAMSUNG REPRESENT THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENTCONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
41. THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY OR CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. GLENTEL AND SAMSUNG, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY (1) ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN CONTENT, (2) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS AND/OR YOUR ACCOUNT AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (3) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, OR (4) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY GIVING RISE TO THE DAMAGES (INCLUDING CLAIMS FOR NEGLIGENCE OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE), AND EVEN IF GLENTEL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
45. You acknowledge and agree that products, goods and services purchased or obtained through the Website, are subject to additional terms and conditions including, but not limited to, terms and conditions respecting payment of amounts due, purchase price, fees, and taxes and you agree to abide by all such terms and conditions.